|I've been aching for 'cafe y beignet' since visiting Cafe du Monde in 1999.|
It's a little ironic. I had pitched a couple sessions to the COABE conference planning committee back in 2012, and they were both accepted. Computer-based instruction for digital literacy and innovative GED preparation are both growing needs in the adult ed field.
This conference was going to be a big event for me to debut new instructional strategies. But, as it turns out, there are always bigger priorities. This was made clear to me when my pregnant wife mentioned that her due date falls right in the middle of the COABE conference, and that I'm not allowed to go anywhere that week. Heartbreak! I mean, elation! I am so torn. That's why you've got to get yourself to COABE in my place. Don't worry. My sessions will still be offered by Essential Education's capable staff, and we'll be sharing a great tool for planning your 2014 GED instruction as well (contact me at jason(at)essentialed(dot)com if you want me to share it with you, personally).
|The COABE conference gives birth to the big ideas in adult education.|
- Get a Bead on the 2014 GED Test . . . A Simple To Use 2014 Curriculum Blueprint
- Tuesday, March 26th, 10:45-12pm (Strand 6 Boardroom)
- Computer Essentials Online: Digital Literacy for Adult Learners
- Tuesday, March 26th, 3:30-4:45pm (Bolden 1)
- Bridging the Gap to the 2014 GED Test: How the GED Academy Prepares Students for the 2014 HSE Tests
- Wednesday, March 27th, 1:45-3:00pm (Bolden 2)